Dreams of Istanbul

17 commentsIstanbul,Photography

Istanbul has so much to see that my eyes' only relief comes from looking up.

I dream of Istanbul. Four days and nights I’ve lived and breathed the city. Its east and west, capitalism and socialism, Asianness and Europeanness, beauty and ugliness. I’m here for the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop to shoot a story in a week.

How do I feel about this city? I ask myself every morning before leaving my hostel. Then I go out to attend class with Rena Effendi (more on this wonderful photographer later) and take photographs. In the evening, almost comatose I’m back in my hostel going through my photos and exchanging stories with my fellow workshoppers. Then I pass out.

Finally, the answers come to me in my dreams. But by the morning, I have forgotten them.

I hope these dreams find their way into my images. I hope the answers that elude me every morning reveal themselves in the faces and places I capture. Can I photograph a dream? I have two more days to find out.

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

M. June 24, 2010 at 5:22 am

I like her ‘jaddouli’.

samsam June 24, 2010 at 5:23 am

I like the photo and the jaddouli :)

samsam June 24, 2010 at 5:22 am

I would really want to see what your dream looks like! Can’t wait :)
x

M. June 24, 2010 at 8:22 am

I like her ‘jaddouli’.

samsam June 24, 2010 at 8:23 am

I like the photo and the jaddouli :)

samsam June 24, 2010 at 8:22 am

I would really want to see what your dream looks like! Can’t wait :)
x

Soul June 24, 2010 at 7:42 am

I like the picture
I love the content of the post
Can you try doing some yoga in the mornings or before crashing in bed? Am sure it will help on different levels…

Soul June 24, 2010 at 10:42 am

I like the picture
I love the content of the post

Tai game mien phi October 10, 2015 at 1:51 pm

I like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys Ive incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

Tai game chem hoa qua October 10, 2015 at 3:52 pm

It arduous to search out educated people on this topic, but you sound like you realize what you are talking about! Thanks

Tai game Car Racing October 10, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Really nice style and design and wonderful content , nothing else we require : D.

Tai Ola chat Sex October 10, 2015 at 7:18 pm

I in addition to my friends happened to be looking through the nice points on your web blog while instantly I had an awful feeling I had not thanked the blog owner for them. My guys came so thrilled to learn them and have honestly been using them. Thank you for actually being considerably considerate as well as for making a decision on this kind of notable subjects millions of individuals are really desirous to understand about. My very own honest regret for not saying thanks to you sooner.

Tai game danh bai October 13, 2015 at 10:34 pm

You can definitely see your expertise in the paintings you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who arent afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart

thiet ke web duong October 27, 2015 at 8:22 am

It was a real excitement coming across your site last night. I got here today hoping to discover something new. I was not upset. Your ideas with new techniques on this subject matter were topical and an excellent help to my family. Thank you for leaving out time to write down these things and for sharing your notions.. Thiet Ke Web .

thiet ke web daklak November 11, 2015 at 8:17 am

Morning! I simply enjoy playing Farmerama, but who doesnt?. Thiet Ke Web .

Amigo November 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

hi i guess i can help to you.i live in istanbul but i’ve been Antalya so many times.firstly you can visit both of the cieits in 8-9 days.and if you book the tickets earlier, it’ll be very cheap.i think it’s the best choice travelling both of them.cause both of them have unique places to visit. in Istanbul you can see lots of historical places, museums and especially you can see the gorgeous bosphorus.and there are so many beautiful cafes and restaurant near the sea.but there is one thing that you should know is you should be careful while you visit the historical places because the location is not so safe and there are so many tourist right there and they can try to rob.actually like everywhere.but you can be relax when you’re at the seaside.it’s really safe. well in Antalya, you have see lots of excellent beaches and also you can see some different places like Dim River,the intersting one Dim Cave, waterfalls(Dfcden,Manavgat,Kurşunlu) and you’re right Antalya’s really really touristy.and there is a website you can search to where to visit and get more information. i hope i could help you.if you have more questions, you can ask me.

Harvey Ruttman November 23, 2015 at 3:19 pm

How to transfer my blog from blogspot to paid hosting?