Turkish Delights

13 commentsIstanbul,Photography

During a twelve-day visit to Istanbul, I collected snapshots of my favorite people, places, and sights. Since I had sworn off using my “proper” camera for street photography (to avoid getting distracted from a story I was working on) I chose to use my phone instead.

So here they all are.

ISTANBUL IN 12 DAYS OR 120 SHOTS • Click on each snapshot for a larger view.

Snapshots taken on my phone.

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

M. July 23, 2010 at 11:20 am

Headquarters of the Turkish Communist Party is amazing!!

Meedo July 23, 2010 at 11:23 am

Apparently it has been incognito in that building for years and “came out” as it were a couple of month ago.

M. July 23, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Headquarters of the Turkish Communist Party is amazing!!

Meedo July 23, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Q Smith July 27, 2010 at 12:22 am

Excellent series! I was particularly taken with the portrait of the women framed in the upper left corner with the sea ahead of her. Unorthodox composition but works really well!

Meedo July 27, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Yup! A cellphone with its fixed lens, sluggish responsiveness, and awful dynamic range lends itself to unconventional compositions, crooked horizon lines, and many other happy accidents. :)

Q Smith July 27, 2010 at 3:22 am

Meedo July 27, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Q Smith July 29, 2010 at 3:48 am

Despite technical disadvantages there still needs to be an eye that says, “Now!” Well done.

Meedo July 29, 2010 at 5:11 am

Thanks again and glad you think so.

I also have another much more consistent and thought-out project I did solely on a cellphone. You’re welcome to read the post here
http://www.meedosite.com/telephonecasse/ and preview the finished product here

M.

Q Smith July 29, 2010 at 6:48 am

Meedo July 29, 2010 at 8:11 am

Thanks again and glad you think so.

http://www.meedosite.com/telephonecasse/ and preview the finished product here

M.

Ekha November 21, 2015 at 3:33 pm

asma – i’m confused if i pay for your ticekt/s, your services are free or charge, or you find your own way to my destination, but i still pay for your services?thanks